December 14, 2008

The waiting game

I once heard a newscaster make the following statement about his vacation, "I actually enjoy the week prior to vacation than the actual vacation itself. Now don't get me wrong, I love being places I've never been, but the entire time you are on vacation you are constantly thinking 'four more days till we go back,' and so on. It just take some of the fun out of the vacation."

That's how I feel. If you ask my students they will tell you that my favorite day of the week is Friday. It's my favorite day because I can truly enjoy the feeling of relief of the weekend. It's the only day I'm not counting down the hours and minutes until I have to go to work next. Which is exactly what I'm doing right now. I have 4.5 days until I can begin the 14 day return to work count down. Oh the life I lead....

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I've often thought that anticipation is a much stronger emotion (??) than the feeling of the actual event itself...both good and bad. Weird. Wonder what God's design in all that is?